BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE:
14-2-0 LEARNING RESOURCES CENTERS - COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT
PURPOSE: To establish the scope of and responsibility for maintenance of historic Trident Technical College (TTC) documents.
The primary mission of the TTC Archives is to collect, organize, and preserve the historic documents of TTC. TTC Archives are available to faculty, staff, students, former students and the public.
TTC Archives include all official college catalogs. Printed catalogs are available on the Thornley and Berkeley Campus libraries. Digital catalogs from the past 10 years are also available on TTC's website.
The archives may also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- official TTC documents
- bulletins, newsletters, schedules of classes
- publications issued by TTC departments
- newspaper clippings and photographs related to TTC
- faculty, staff and student publications
- annual reports
- papers, photographs related to people who have contributed to the character and development of TTC
- selected documents from parent organizations including the minutes of the Area Commission
- student government and student organization records
- state and local government reports concerning TTC
- architectural drawings and blueprints of the physical facilities
- programs of events sponsored by TTC
- manuscripts, papers, and correspondence of distinguished faculty and alumni
- memorabilia of historic value.
The Dean of the Library is responsible for maintaining college archives and for ensuring that college catalogs are added to the archives each year.