PURPOSE: The systematic development of the resource collection of the Learning Resources Centers requires the acquisition of new materials. This procedure guides decisions regarding the repair, replacement, removal and/or preservation of existing materials.
RESPONSIBILITY: The LRC staff makes final decisions for repair, replacement, or removal of materials in the annual evaluation of LRC holdings.
- material that has value to the curriculum but is no longer available
- material that has value to the curriculum but is too expensive to replace
- material that has value to the curriculum, and is available and affordable
- outdated resources/materials
- damaged materials which cannot be repaired or replaced or for which the cost of preservation exceeds the value of the material
- all law related resources according to respective schedules, health science materials after five years except for historical materials, standard works, and resources used in other content areas retained/updated annually.
- social science and technology resources every five years
- all South Carolina material