Testing Services helps students achieve their academic goals by providing:
- COMPASS Placement Testing
- Instructional Makeup and Retesting
- Online and Mixed Mode Testing
- Credit by Examination (CLEP, DANTES DSSTs, Foreign Language and Nursing)
- NLN, PAX, RN and PN Entrance and ATI RN and PN Exit Exam Testing
- Certification Testing (Magistrate, Crane, FCC, AET, NCCT)
- Test Proctoring for Other Colleges and Agencies
Trident Technical College’s Testing Services is a member of the Consortium of College Testing Centers and subscribes to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.
COMPASS Placement Testing
Click here for information on the COMPASS Placement Test, the computerized placement test that determines writing, reading and math skills for entrance into college.
Instructional Makeup and Retests
Some instructors allow students to take makeup tests and retests at Testing Services. All makeup/retests must be completed prior to the last day of class. The final exam period is designated as a time final exams are administered in the Testing Centers for online and mixed-mode students and students requiring special accommodations only.
Online and Mixed Mode Testing
Some online and mixed-mode courses require students to take tests in Testing Services. If you are an online-only student who lies outside the Charleston area, contact your instructor concerning testing options.
Credit by Examination
Testing Services provides the following academic standing examinations.
TTC Limitations On Advanced Standing Credit
The awarding of advanced standing through testing (e.g. CLEP, DANTES, etc.) is subject to the following limitations:
- A TTC student may receive up to 16 semester credit hours but not more than one-fourth of the total curriculum hours required for program completion.
- Official score reports must be received in the Registrars' office prior to the beginning of the semester in which a student seeks advanced standing through testing.
- Credits will not be awarded for a course previously attempted (including withdrawals).
- Awarded advanced standing credits will not affect a student's grade point average.
- A six-month waiting period is required to be eligible to repeat a CLEP, and a three-month waiting period is required to be eligible to repeat a DANTES examination.
- TTC does not guarantee that advanced standing credit awarded for required TTC courses will transfer to other institutions.
For more information or to schedule a test, contact Denise Mosley, testing coordinator, at 843.574.6438 or email@example.com.
Helpful Testing Links
Reference Books and Study Guides
Test Proctoring for Other Colleges and Agencies
Testing Services provides test proctoring services for students of other colleges and agencies outside the Charleston area.
Testing Services is restricted from providing proctoring services for colleges in the Charleston area. Colleges with local sites include College of Charleston, Charleston Southern, Limestone, Webster, Citadel, Southern Wesleyan, Strayer and St. Leo.
- $30 per test for non-TTC students
- $40 for COMPASS or Accuplacer test administration and score processing
Important Information for Proctoring Services
- Examinees should schedule appointments in advance to allow time for mailing paper/pencil tests by the specified deadline.
- All paper/pencil tests must include a stamped, addressed envelope for return. The examinee is responsible for additional associated fees for express handling.
- A valid photo identification is required for testing (college ID, driver's license, passport, military ID).
- Testing is by appointment only. Computers for online testing are limited during the last three weeks of each term.
For more information or to schedule a test at Main Campus, contact Test Coordinator Denise Mosley at 843.574.6438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Palmer Campus, contact Phoebe Williams at 843.722.5516 or email@example.com.
For Berkeley Campus, contact Dorothy Taylor at 843.889.8079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Mount Pleasant Campus, contact D'Jaris Whipper-Lewis at 843.958.5814 or email@example.com or Elinor Hamblin at 843.958.5812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.