APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Applying for financial aid is not as hard as you might think. Applying is actually easy once you know what you need to do. Just follow the steps below. Always remember that the status of your financial aid information is available in my.tridenttech.edu or, check with the Financial Aid office.
Completing the FAFSA is the key to finding out your eligibility for federal and state financial aid as well as some scholarships. The FAFSA establishes your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is how much your family is expected to contribute to your education. Remember that every January a new FAFSA is available and must be completed for the next academic year. Complete the new FAFSA early for the best financial aid package.
1-Your first step is to complete the FAFSA.
- Go to FAFSA.gov to complete a FAFSA using your 2012 tax information through Summer 2013 enrollment.
- Need assistance? Contact TTC's Educational Opportunity Center.
- IMPORTANT: Put TTC's school code 004920* on your application for TTC to receive your application.
*Your completed FAFSA, must show TTC's school code and code for any other college you want to receive your FAFSA. Trident Technical College should receive your FAFSA within seven to ten business days.
2-After TTC receives your FAFSA, what's next?
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA. For more details about the report, go to Student Aid Report.
- Check the email in your my.tridenttech.edu account because that is how the Financial Aid office communicates with you. Remember, the Financial Aid office may need additional information from you. Don't forget the priority dates by which you must complete the FAFSA and all other required documents.
- Be sure to check out the instructional videos on the right for an overview of the financial aid process.
3-Be sure to submit an application for enrollment to TTC's Admissions Office.
4-Once you have applied be sure to ...
Filling Out the FAFSA