SOUTH CAROLINA SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
Be sure to review the types of financial aid available for South Carolina residents. These state funds are not available to everyone. There are different requirements for each, so read carefully!
The LIFE Scholarship covers up to $2350 for tuition costs and a $150 book allowance in both the fall and spring semester at a two-year college. Requirements include:
- South Carolina Residency
- Graduation from a South Carolina high school with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit official SC high school transcripts to TTC's Admissions office.
- Developmental or remedial classes do not count towards full-time status.
- Complete a LIFE scholarship affidavit @ LIFE Affidavit.
SOUTH CAROLINA LOTTERY TUITION ASSISTANCE (SCLTA)
The SCLTA reduces tuition costs for SC residents. When federal grants are not enough to cover tuition, many times lottery tuition assistance covers the rest. To qualify:
- South Carolina residency.
- Complete a FAFSA at FAFSA.gov or submit the lottery waiver if you have earned a bachelor's degree.
- Enrollment in six credit hours.
- Lottery currently pays $95 per credit hour.
- LIFE scholarship recipients are ineligible for LTA.
- Students who earned an associate degree within the past five years at a SC technical college are ineligible for LTA.
SOUTH CAROLINA NEED-BASED GRANT
The South Carolina Need Based Grant (SCNBG) is for the neediest students who have completed the FAFSA the earliest. These funds are limited, so be sure to complete your FAFSA as early as possible.