CH. 1607 RESERVE EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE (REAP)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- REAP was established as a part of the Ronald W. Reagan National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005.
- It is a Department of Defense education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation) as declared by the President or Congress.
- This program makes certain reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001 either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.
- A direct link to the VA website concerning Chapter 1607 can be found here: 1607 REAP
- For a VA pamphlet, please click here: Chapter 1607 Pamphlet
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the VA Application thru the VA website @ VONAPP
- Submit your NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) form or DD-214 and a copy of your VA application and/or Certificate of Eligibility to TTC's VA office.