CHAPTER 1606 SELECTED RESERVE
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.
- You may use this education assistance program for degree programs, certificate or correspondence courses, cooperative training, independent study programs, apprenticeship/on-the-job training, and vocational flight training programs. Remedial, refresher and deficiency training are available under certain circumstances.
- You may be entitled to receive up to 36 months of education benefits.
- Your eligibility for the program normally ends on the day you leave the Selected Reserve.
- A direct link to the VA website concerning Chapter 1606 click here: 1606 Selected Reserve
- For a VA pamphlet, please click here: Chapter 1606 Pamphlet
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the VA Application thru the VA website @ VONAPP
- Submit your NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) form to TTC's VA office and a copy of your VA application and/or Certificate of Eligibility. to our office