CHAPTER 33 THE POST 9/11 GI-BILL
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.
- You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- This benefit provides up to 36 months of education benefits, generally benefits are payable for 15 years following your release from active duty. The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.
- Your full tuition & fees directly to the school for all public school in-state students.
- A monthly housing allowance (MHA)
- An annual books & supplies stipend
- A one-time rural benefit payment
- A direct link to the VA website concerning Chapter 33 can be found here: GI Bill Chapter 33
- For a VA pamphlet, please click here: Chapter 33 Pamphlet
HOW TO APPLY FOR POST 9/11 BILL
- Complete the VA Application thru the VA website @ VONAPP