THE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER IS A TRIO PROGRAM FUNDED BY THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The Educational Opportunity Center is a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education designed to assist adults in obtaining postsecondary education (education beyond the high school/GED level).
ALL EOC SERVICES ARE FREE!
HOW MUCH DO OUR SERVICES COST?
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens who:
- live in Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester counties
- are 19 years of age or older
- are enrolled or want to enroll in ANY college
WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- Information: College admissions, financial aid, and scholarship search
- Counseling: Academic, career and postsecondary enrollment
- Technical assistance: Help in preparing applications for financial aid and postsecondary admissions
- Preparation: Help with preparing for college entrance exams (SAT, ACT, COMPASS)
- Referrals : GED classes and icontact information on other agencies where you can receive services not provided by EOC
HOW ARE THESE SERVICES PROVIDED?
Individual counseling and information sessions at any of our offices in the Charleston area
Group counseling and information sessions
Workshops on College Financial Aid, career direction and financial literacy
College Tours: in-state and out-of-state colleges
Instruments (self directed search) to help discover occupational and educational interests