SLED Level II/III Security Instructor Training
All participants must be currently registered with SLED as a security officer with a licensed security company to attend this training. Prerequisites: Students must have completed Level I, Level II and Level III training. SLED must approve all participants.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Students will each have a 20-minute block of instruction on a handgun topic of their choice. Students must achieve a minimum score of 70 percent on both the written examination and oral presentation.
Topics of Instruction
1. Use-of-Force Policy
2. Weapon and Range Safety
3. Leather Gear and Personal Support Equipment
4. Drawing the Weapon
5. Weapon Components-Revolver
6. Weapon Components-Semi-auto pistol
7. Design, Function, Nomenclature of Semi-auto Pistols
8. Legal Responsibility
9. Weapons Cleaning and Maintenance
11. Shotgun Training and Course of Fire
12. Basic Marksmanship Techniques