ONLINE COURSES FOR TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
Teacher Renewal Plan
- This plan is for teachers currently employed by a South Carolina public school district who are eligible to take noncredit continuing education courses for part of their recertification requirements. For detailed information or clarification of S.C. Teacher Recertification requirements, particularly if you are not currently employed by a South Carolina public school district, call the State Teacher Recertification Hotline at 877.885.5280 weekdays after 1 p.m.
- A portion of an eligible teacherís education hour requirements may be taken via noncredit continuing education courses. These CE courses meet Options 6 and/or 10 requirements of the Teacher Renewal Plan. (60 noncredit continuing education instructional hours allowed)
- Recently, the new Option 3 was approved which allows licensed teachers not currently employed with a S.C. School District to take continuing education, non-credit courses. The process requires that the student enrolls in their chosen class through TTC and a TTC transcript accompany the course completion self-documenting paperwork to the State Recertification office. See the TTC homepage for transcript procurement procedues.
- Prior to enrolling in a course, Public School employed eligible teachers should get approval from their principal or staff development official.
- Self-documentation of hours of study is the responsibility of the student.
These CE courses are available on the Internet. They will enhance your organizational leadership, language and computer technology skills. These online courses are especially convenient as they each offer 24 instructional hours toward the maximum 60 noncredit CE instructional hours allowed. Most are instructor-led and self-paced, available on the Internet 24/7. Please visit www.ed2go.com/trident and click on Teaching and Education for more details on courses for teaching professionals. Online courses are offered in:
- Classroom Computing
- Test Prep
- Tools for Teachers - some of which are:
Solving Classroom Discipline Problems Part I and II
A to Z Grant Writing
Writing Effective Grant Proposals
Advanced Grant Proposal Writing
Teaching Students with Autism
Enhancing Language Development in Childhood
Differentiated Instruction in the Classroom
Working Successfully with Learning Disabled Students
Creating the Inclusive Classroom
Creating a Classroom Web Site
Teacher Graduate Credits
Teachers are now eligible for graduate credits for selected online courses, even if they are not currently employed by a public school district.
Education to Go has partnered with Madonna University, fully accredited by both the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. Each online Education To Go class is 24 contact hours of training, and 15 contact hours are needed to earn one graduate credit. Therefore, one online course earns one academic credit. The nine remaining contact hours can be applied to a future course, if you choose to do so. You may earn one graduate credit for every 15 online contact hours for completing the course and writing a paper describing how you might apply the knowledge on the job. These credits are non-degree graduate credits, which are designed to be used to satisfy the requirements of certificate renewal and salary increase.
Cost is $150 per semester hour plus the cost of the online course. Visit www.ed2go.com/trident or call 843.574.6683 for more information.