Registrar's Office > Withdrawal

Course Withdrawals and Complete Withdrawals. See FastForward and Weekend Course for withdrawal dates.

After the Drop/Add period, you may withdraw from a course using TTC Express or by completing a Withdrawal form in the Registrar's office on Main Campus or in Admissions at Palmer or Berkeley campus offices. Refunds are prorated according to Trident Technical College Refund policy outlined in the Academic Catalog.

If you withdraw by the withdrawal deadline as listed below, the grade of W will be entered on your academic record. This grade will not affect your GPA.

Click on TTC Calendars to view withdrawal dates.

It is your responsibility to initiate the proper paperwork to withdraw from courses. Failure to do so will result in the grade of F on your permanent academic record. A decision not to attend a course does not constitute a withdrawal from it. If you stop attending classes without completing and submitting a withdrawal form to the Registrar's office, you risk harming your academic record with a failing grade. The Withdrawal policy for some programs is more restrictive and will apply to students in those programs.

Late withdrawal procedure

If you miss the last day to withdraw from a class, you must contact your academic Dean for an appeal to be allowed to withdraw late. An appeal for late course withdrawal will be considered only for circumstances that made it impossible for you to withdraw by the published last date to withdraw. You must submit the Late Withdrawal form no later than the end of the second semester following the semester when the instructor originally assigned the grade. You may submit the Appeal for Late Course Withdrawal in writing or by fax to your academic Dean along with the required written justification and supporting documentation.

If you are receiving federal student aid Title IV funds, you need to discuss course withdrawals and your financial aid status with a member of the Financial Aid staff.

Refund Policy

Refunds are made according to Trident Technical College policy. You must complete a Drop/Add or Withdrawal form and submit it to the Registrarís office to receive a refund during the designated refund period. Withdrawals after the prorated refund period are not eligible for refunds. (Failure to attend class is not official notice of withdrawal.)

graphic element grey banner Trident Technical College, Charleston South Carolina


Trident Technical College, Copyright ©2011