1. Use academic databases, like SIRS or Academic Search Premier, to look for articles in:
d. All of the above
2. An example of a subject-specific reference source is:
a. Encyclopedia Britannica
b. The World Book Encyclopedia
c. Encyclopedia of World Religions
d. The New Book of Knowledge
3. To look for books in the Trident Tech library, use:
b. Its online catalog
c. Academic Search Premier
d. Google Books
4. Which option would you choose to access an article in one of Trident Tech's academic databases?
a. Subject Terms
c. PDF or HTML full-text
d. References Available
5. Books in Trident Tech's Libraries are organized by:
a. Call numbers using the Dewey Decimal System, for example: 811 Ang
b. Call numbers using the Library of Congress System, for example: DS135 .E83 G656 2009
c. The author and title of the book
d. The Schmenken System, for example: FOOD.BIO.US
6. If you needed a book from another Charleston County university such as the College of Charleston, you:
a. Would have no way to get it.
b. Could check it out only by visiting the College of Charleston.
c. Could read it at the College of Charleston, but could not check it out.
d. Could check it out at the College of Charleston or request it through PASCAL Delivers.
7. NetLibrary contains:
c. Articles from magazines, journals, and newspapers
d. Academic videos
8. To access the library's academic databases while off-campus, you will need:
a. Your TTC Express username and password
b. The id number from your TTC student id
c. Your driver's license number
d. Your social security number
9. PASCAL Delivers allows you to:
a. Request books from other SC university libraries.
b. Place a book on hold.
c. Access Trident Tech's ebooks.
d. Buy textbooks for online courses.
10. Students are allowed to check books out:
a. For one week, with no renewals.
b. For two weeks, with no renewals.
c. For two weeks, and renew them once for an additional two weeks.
d. All semester
Please provide your information
Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
(i.e. ENG 101-005)
Your TTC ID:
Enter your 7 digit TTC Student ID number (found on TTC ID cards)
© 2007 Trident Technical College