|EP 1: GENERAL EXECUTIVE CONSTRAINT
|S.C. CODE ANN. §§59-53-410 to -440 (1997)|
The President shall act at all times in an exemplary manner consistent with the responsibilities and expectations vested in that office. The President shall act in a manner consistent with Commission policies and with those practices, activities, decisions, and organizational circumstances that are legal, prudent, and in accordance with commonly accepted business and professional ethics.
Accordingly, the President may not:
- Cause or allow action toward students, faculty or staff that are inhumane, unfair, undignified, discriminatory or illegal.
- Permit financial conditions that put fiscal security at risk or compromise Commission priorities.
- Provide information to the community, Commission, or college constituencies knowingly untimely, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Permit conflict of interest in procurement, employment or other contracts.
- Manage the college without adequate administrative policies for instructional services, student services, administrative and financial services, human resources, marketing, continuing education, and economic development.
- Fail to take prompt and appropriate action when he/she becomes aware of any violation of any laws, rules, regulations, or any breach of Commission policies or contracts.
Trident Technical College Area Commission approved Executive Parameters Policies and Commission President Relationship Policies on July 29, 1997 for adoption on January 1, 1998.
Reaffirmed November 25, 2008