|EP 3: BUDGETING
|S.C. CODE ANN. §§59-53-410 to -440 (1997)|
Budgeting for any fiscal year shall follow the priorities set forth in the Commission Institutional Goals Policies, control college financial risk, and accurately reflects projections of income and expenses. Tuition and fees for students will be authorized by the Area Commission. Institutional fees will be set within the ranges established by the State Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education. The President shall propose a budget after first seeking input from college constituencies. Budgets will become effective upon approval by the Commission.
Accordingly, the President shall:
- Propose a budget that takes into account priorities as stated in the Commission Institutional Goals policies.
- Propose a budget including all revenue sources with supporting information to enable a reasonable projection of revenues and expenses, separation of capital and operational items, and disclosure of planning assumptions.
- Propose a budget which includes adequate funding for instructional programs, academic support, student services, faculty and staff development, institutional support, facilities maintenance and debt service.
- Propose a budget that provides the annual funds for Commission operations, such as the cost of a fiscal audit, Commission development and training.
- Propose a budget that complies with all state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
Trident Technical College Area Commission approved Executive Parameters Policies and Commission President Relationship Policies on July 29, 1997 for adoption on January 1, 1998.
Reviewed February 15, 2010
Updated September 18, 2012