5-0-5 Closure of School - Unscheduled|
|CLOSURE OF SCHOOL - UNSCHEDULED
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
|SBTCE POLICY 8-3-105 HAZARDOUS WEATHER AND EMERGENCY LEAVE|
PURPOSE: To establish basic procedures for notifying students, faculty and staff of unscheduled closures.
Adverse weather, power failure, or other events can affect the College's schedule. When such events occur, the following procedures for notifying the College community and the public must be followed:
- The President, or designee, will make the decision to cancel or postpone classes, activities, or work hours.
- The Marketing department will contact the local broadcast media to announce the decision. The Director of Marketing and Public Information will provide concise information and terminology to the broadcast media.
- The Marketing Department will provide information on unscheduled closures on the TTC Infoline. Students call 574.6262 ext. 9091, and faculty/staff call 574.6262 ext. 9092.
- The college will post messages on the Website, if possible.
- If circumstances warrant, the college will use the Emergency Alert System to send text and/or voice messages to cell/home phones, PDAs, and/or email accounts, if possible. Students and employees must subscribe to the alert system to receive such messages.
Updated August 3, 2009 .
|Trident Technical College, Copyright ©2011|