|INVITING EXTERNAL GUESTS TO TRIDENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE EVENTS
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
Purpose: To further enhance the image of Trident Technical College by ensuring personnel involved with TTC-sponsored events follow proper protocol and etiquette when inviting or issuing invitations to external audiences.
1. 1. This procedure applies to college and community events that the college is co-sponsoring, where the college invites individuals external to the college. The college employee who serves as the coordinator, or the collegeís representative for the event is responsible for sending invitations to appropriate external audiences.
Prior to contacting an elected or government official on behalf of the College, the coordinator must consult with the Vice President for Advancement. This would apply to inquiries to visit the campuses or to speak at events, classes or groups.
2. 2. The coordinator or representative must submit for review to the Presidentís Office six weeks prior to the event a list of invitees who are to receive invitations. Care should be given to the accuracy and completeness of addresses prior to the list being submitted to the Presidentís Office, and the list must include a recommended standard address format that includes the following information:
- Business/State or Government Agency/Group Affiliation
- Complete Mailing Address
If the list includes elected officials, the Presidentís Office will provide the appropriate addresses for the elected groups identified in the
submitted list upon return.
3. 3. The Presidentís Office will return the list to the college coordinator or representative with one or more of the following notations:
- Approved as submitted
- Approved with noted additions, deletions or corrections*
- Not approved as submitted Ė The Presidentís Office will then provide information concerning resubmitting the list for approval
after indicated concerns have been met.
*If changes are noted on the return list, the college coordinator or representative must ensure compliance with the standard address format and/or protocol provided by the direction of the Presidentís Office.
Updated May 6, 2010
Updated November 1, 2012