|ESTABLISHMENT AND CLASSIFICATION OF POSITIONS
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
TTC POLICY 8-1-0 AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
SBTCE POLICY 8-2-110 CLASSIFICATION AND COMPENSATION PLAN FOR
PURPOSE: To determine the steps required for classification of new positions.
- A supervisor who anticipates needing a new full-time or part-time position for longer than six months' duration may request to establish the new position within the state system.
- A new full-time equivalent (FTE) position cannot be established unless it has been approved by the President or designee for funding in the payroll budget for the following fiscal year.
- After funding has been approved for a new position, the supervisor must complete a draft position description and forward it to TTC's Human Resources staff for review. The position description must accurately describe and reflect the job content and include the position's recommended job classification.
- Upon review, TTC’s Human Resources staff will return the draft and the position description to the supervisor. The supervisor should have the form signed by all appropriate division approval authorities.
- TTC's Human Resources staff will submit the completed forms to SBTCE's Human Resources Management office for processing. At least two months should be allowed for completion of this process.
- TTC's Human Resources staff will regularly follow up with SBTCE's Human Resources Management office on these actions and will notify the appropriate management personnel when approval has been granted and of any additional action required.
Updated February 26, 2010