8- 9-3 Solicitation and Distribution of Non-College Related Materials|
|SOLICITATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF NON-COLLEGE RELATED MATERIALS
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
|SBTCE POLICY 8-9-100 SOLICITATION AND DISTRIBUTION |
PURPOSE: To establish Trident Technical College’s procedure on solicitation and distribution of non-college related materials.
- This procedure is promulgated in furtherance of the College’s responsibility to promote the efficiency of its educational and public services and to protect college assets.
- On-campus solicitation or distribution of materials by persons other than College employees or students is prohibited unless approved by the College’s Vice President for Advancement, the Vice President of Finance and Administration, or their designees. Solicitation and/or distribution by persons other than College employees or students in any public area of the campuses is prohibited if the solicitation and/or distribution results in unreasonable disruption of, or material interference with, the College’s educational or administrative activities.
- Solicitation by College employees for non-College sponsored activities on College property during working time is prohibited regardless of whether the solicitation occurs in the work area or not. Working time is the time an employee is expected to be engaged in the official duties of the position.
- Distribution of non-College sponsored materials by College employees on College property in non-working areas during working time is prohibited.
- College owned or operated computer resources may not be used for the prohibited solicitation or distribution described above.
- It is the responsibility of management within administrative and academic units to apply the solicitation and distribution policy consistently.
- Upon official request by an employee on behalf of a charitable organization certified by the Secretary of State to conduct fund drives within State agencies, a fund drive may be conducted if it is in compliance with College policies and procedures and if approved by the College President in advance. Requestors should send the request via email to the Administrative Coordinator in the President's Office.
Update August 25, 2010
|Trident Technical College, Copyright ©2011|