16- 1-0 Admissions Policy|
||16 - 1 - 0
|SBTCE POLICY 3-2-101: OPEN ADMISSIONS |
Trident Technical College accepts any student meeting the basic admission requirements without regard to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation, ensuring compliance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688 (2008), section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. 29 U.S.C. §§ 701-718 (2008), and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. §§12101-12213 (2008). The College follows an open-door philosophy of not imposing unnecessary restrictive standards of admissions. The division of Student Services is responsible for administering all admissions policies of the College.
An applicant for any diploma program must be at least 18 years old or be a high school graduate, or possess a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- An applicant for any associate degree program must be a high school graduate or possess a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- All applicants not declaring a major shall be admitted as non-degree seeking students.
- All applicants to the College must complete an application for admission and provide satisfactory evidence of academic eligibility.
- Students who are admitted to Trident Technical College may be required to take placement tests in order to establish eligibility for placement into certain courses or curriculum or to place the student at the proper level of study commensurate with abilities.
- There are additional admission criteria for Allied Health and Nursing programs. Acceptance into these programs is on a "first-qualified, first-admitted" basis. Please refer to TTC Procedure 16-1-1, "Admissions, Allied Health and Nursing Programs".
Updated January 22, 2009
|Trident Technical College, Copyright ©2011|