|ADMISSIONS, HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
||16 - 4 - 1
|SBTCE POLICY 3-2-101 OPEN ADMISSIONS|
SBTCE POLICY 3-2-103 MINIMUM AGE FOR ADMISSION
PURPOSE: To explain the admissions process for TTC's Dual Credit and Early Admit Programs
Trident Technical College may grant early admission to high school juniors and seniors, with the written approval of the principal or guidance counselor, or school district administrator, or authorized educational agency with jurisdiction for a home school program.
High School applicants must demonstrate academic preparedness by providing qualifying scores on the SAT, ACT or TTC's COMPASS or ASSET examinations for placement into courses. Entry-level placement test score requirements are subject to change and current score requirements are available on the College website on the Admissions Requirement web page, and in the following publications: On Course schedule of courses for each semester, the Admissions Application, and the TTC Catalog.
DUAL CREDIT PROGRAM
- High school juniors and seniors completing courses as part of the Dual Credit program earn both high school and college credit.
- Dual credit students receive college credit for courses completed at TTC on an official college transcript and one unit of high school credit for a three credit hour college course that applies toward the required units of credit for a South Carolina high school diploma.
- To apply as a Dual Credit student, an applicant must complete the Dual Credit application signed by the high school principal or guidance counselor or authorized education agency with jurisdiction over a home school program indicating the specific TTC courses for the student's enrollment.
- Dual Credit students who enroll in at least six college credit hours in one semester may be eligible for Lottery Tuition Assistance.
EARLY ADMIT PROGRAM
- High school students completing courses as part of the Early Admit program received credit for the courses on a TTC transcript.
- Courses taken as part of the Early Admit program do not affect a student's high school records.
- To apply as an Early Admit, an applicant must complete the Early Admit application and obtain the signature of either the high school principal or guidance counselor or authorized education agency with jurisdiction over a home school program before submitting the application to TTC's Admissions Office.
- Early Admit students who enroll in at least six college credit hours in one semester may be eligible for Lottery Tuition Assistance.
High School applicants must submit appropriate documentation to Admissions with the Dual Credit or Early Admit application signed by the high school principal or guidance counselor or authorized education agency with jurisdiction over a home school program.
The Admissions office will maintain the application and documentation for dual credit and early admit students in each student's permanent file.
Updated September 2, 2010