||16 - 5 - 1
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
|SBTCE 3-2-105 GRADING SYSTEM AND STANDARDS OF STUDENT PROGRESS|
PURPOSE: To outline the College's requirements for students to remain in good academic standing and continued matriculation
through a program of study.
- Good Standing occurs when a student's current term GPA is at least 2.000.
- Academic Warning occurs when a student's current term GPA falls below 2.000.
- A student on Academic Warning will receive a letter explaining the College's Academic Warning policy and advising him/her that a second consecutive term with a current term GPA below 2.000 will result in Academic Probation.
- Academic Probation occurs when a student's current term GPA falls below 2.000 and the student's last academic standing
was Academic Warning.
- A student on Academic Probation will receive a letter explaining the College's Academic Probation policy and advising
him/her that a third consecutive term with a current term GPA below 2.000 as well as a cumulative GPA below 2.000
will result in Academic Suspension.
A student will remain on Academic Probation until:
- the student obtains a current term GPA of at least 2.000;
- the Student successfully completes a term of solely remedial enrollment; or
- the student is placed on Academic Suspension.
1. Academic Suspension for one semester occurs after any three consecutive terms of enrollment in which a studentís term GPA
fall below 2.000 and his/her cumulative GPA is below 2.000. Consecutive terms of enrollment are any three terms in which the
student is enrolled even if there are terms in between in which the student is not enrolled.
2. A student on Academic Suspension will receive a letter from the Registrar explaining the College's Academic Suspension policy.
3. A student may appeal Academic Suspension by completing the Academic and Financial Aid Suspension Appeals Request
form online on the TTC web site (http://www.tridenttech.edu/) and submitting printed documentation to the Registrar's office in
Building 410 on Main Campus. See TTC Procedure 16-5-2, "Academic and Financial Aid Suspension Appeals".
Updated July 31, 2007