|STUDENT RECOGNITION SOCIETIES
||17 - 2 - 3
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
PURPOSE: To establish procedures, guidelines and criteria for nominating and selecting students to Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
- SELECTION COMMITTEE ORIGINATION
The selection committee is the institutional Student Activities Advisory Committee as appointed by the Vice President for Student Services.
- COMMITTEE GUIDELINES
The selection committee will review nominations and make final selections for Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges using the following guidelines:
- All college faculty and staff can nominate students for the selection committee to review.
- The total number selected by the committee may not exceed the quota established by Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges for TTC.
- STUDENT CRITERIA
- Enrollment in an associate degree program.
- A minimum completion of half the number of credit hours required for graduation in the student's program of study (a second year student).
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 through the summer term preceding nominations.
- Participation or leadership in College and community activities.
- Potential for future achievement in the community.
- FORMAL RECOGNITION
The College formally recognizes Who's Who recipients during the annual Awards Program conducted at the end of
Updated January 31, 2007
Updated March 15, 2013