|CONCERTS ON CAMPUS
||17 - 2 - 4
BASED ON POLICY NUMBER AND TITLE
Concerts are defined as musical performances by an individual or group. Concerts may be conducted at Trident Technical College within the following parameters:
- PURPOSE OF THE CONCERT
The concert should be of an educational nature designed to enhance student learning, or an event arranged by the Student Activities office to provide avenues for social interaction between students, faculty and staff.
- ATTENDANCE AT THE CONCERT
Concerts held at the College will be open to the public. The College administration may choose to co-sponsor an on-campus
cultural event with a community agency when it is beneficial to the College Foundation or Alumni Association.
- PROMOTION OF CONCERTS
The promotion of concerts on campus is limited to the methods of advertising available on each campus. When the College
co-sponsors a cultural event with a community agency, the Marketing Office will determine appropriate methods for
- ISSUANCE OF TICKETS
The Student Activities Office or other TTC offices designated by the Director of Student Activities are responsible for issuing
or selling tickets to TTC students, faculty, staff, and community attendees.
- FUND RAISING BY STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
Concerts conducted by student organizations for fund raising purposes must follow the guidelines established by Student Activities for fund raising projects as follows:
- Completion of a Fund Raising Request form which identifies the type of fund raising event and its purpose.
- Approval of the fund raising request by the student organization advisor, the Director of Student Activities, and the Assistant Vice President for Student Services.
- Adherence to the laws, policies, and procedures of the state of South Carolina and Trident Technical College are required in the fund raising event.
- APPROVAL OF CONCERTS
Requests to conduct a concert on campus must be submitted a minimum of four weeks prior to the event for approval by the Director of Student Activities, the Assistant Vice President, and the Vice President for Student Services.
- ARRANGEMENTS FOR CONCERTS
The College administration maintains the right to regulate the time, place, audience, and manner of any concert held on campus.
Updated January 31, 2007
Reviewed March 15, 2013