Golden Opportunity Scholarship
Established in 2012 by donors to the Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina, the fund assists St. Johnís High School seniors who will graduate and then enroll in any program of study at TTC in the current calendar year.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a senior at St. Johns High School (Johns Island, SC) who participates in the Communities in Schools program;
2) must enroll in a TTC associate degree program;
3) must enroll in and maintain at least 12 credit hours;
4) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or greater;
5) must demonstrate financial need (determined from FAFSA form);
6) must document community service; and
7) must provide an essay describing his or her educational and career goals as well as any circumstances or challenges encountered in pursuit of these goals.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $2,500 ($1,250 for fall semester/$1,250 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.