Established in 2012 by Claus and Elizabeth Busch, the fund assists students who are single parents enrolled in any program of study.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student who is a single parent with a minor child(ren) in the home;
2) must be enrolled in a program of study;
3) must enroll in and maintain at least 12 credit hours;
4) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater; and
5) must provide an essay describing his or her educational and career goals as well as any circumstances or challenges encountered in pursuit of these goals.
Preference given to students age 25 and older, and to students who demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.