Maraeius Birdsong/Domino's Pizza Scholarship
Established in 2012 by Teresa Gardner and Domino’s Pizza in memory of Maraleius Birdsong, the fund assists students enrolled in selected Industrial Technology and Culinary Institute of Charleston associate degree programs.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a South Carolina resident;
3) must be enrolled in one of the following associate degree programs:
- General Technology - Career Path: Electrician - Automated and Instrumentation
- General Technology - Career Path: Electrician - Industrial and Construction
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater; and
6) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Preference given to students from under-presented and under-served populations as defined by Trident Technical College.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.