Linda Ziegler Humanities & Social Sciences Scholarship
Established in 2006 in honor of Dr. Linda Ziegler, former TTC Vice President of Academics, the fund assists students enrolled in the Associate of Arts program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be enrolled in the Associate of Arts program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least 12 credit hours;
5) must have completed at least 24 credit hours;
6) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
6) must demonstrate intent to transfer to another institution after graduation from TTC to pursue advanced studies in a Humanities/Social Sciences discipline; and
7) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief essay describing their reasons for selecting a Humanities/Social Sciences major. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Amount/Use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.