W. Athell Yon Endowed Automotive Scholarship
Established in 1993 in memory of W. Athell Yon, in recognition of his outstanding professional contributions to the automotive industry, TTC and the community, the fund assists students enrolled in the associate degree Automotive Technology program or certificate Automotive Servicing program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be enrolled in the associate degree Automotive Technology program or certificate Automotive Servicing program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours; and
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief statement explaining his/her interest in the automotive repair career field, educational and professional goals and any relevant life circumstances. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment. Part-time students receive 50% of award amount. The award is renewable for two years (four years for part-time students) as long as the recipient continues to meet all eligibility criteria.