West Ashley Optimist Club Scholarship
Established by the West Ashley Optimist Club, the fund assists students enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident (Preference given to current year graduating seniors of West Ashley or Johns Island high schools and residents of 29414 or 29407 zip code areas);
3) must be enrolled in the an associate degree or certificate program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least 12 credit hours;
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater; and
6) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Essay Requirement: Applicant must submit an essay explaining why in this stage of your life you feel that now is the time to further your education. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $250 for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.