Susan Fisher Wallace Fire Service Scholarship
Established with a bequest from Susan F. Wallace, a former student and administrative specialist for the Business Technology Division, in appreciation of the assistance given to her by firemen from the town of Mt. Pleasant, the fund assists students enrolled in the associate degree in Business (Fire Service career path) program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be employed by and remain employed by a county, municipal or public service district fire department in South Carolina;
4) must be enrolled in the associate degree in Business (Fire Service career path) program;
5) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
6) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater; and
7) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Award amount/use: Award equal to the tuition and book costs for the fall, spring and summer (if enrolled) semesters. The award is renewable for five years as long as the recipient continues to meet all eligibility criteria.