Hospitality Education Endowed Scholarship
Established in 2005 by Franz X. Meier, the fund helps promising students transition to advanced training and work experiences through the Culinary Institute of Charleston.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be enrolled in the Culinary Arts Technology or Hospitality and Tourism Management associate degree programs;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater; and
6) must demonstrate community service.
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief essay describing their professional aspirations and record of communiy service. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Award Amount/Use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment. The award is renewable for four years as long as the recipient continues to meet all eligibility criteria.