Vance B. Horton Sr. Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Established in memory of Vance B. Horton Sr., father of TTC President Dr. Mary Thornley, the fund assists students enrolled in any program of study and who need financial support to acquire skills and become independent, productive members of the region's work force.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be enrolled in program of study;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater;
7) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form); and
8) must demonstrate community service.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment. The award is renewable for one year as long as the recipient continues to meet all eligibility criteria.