R.L. Helmly Family Endowed Scholarship
Established by the Hopewell Foundation and Home Telephone Company in 2003, the fund assists students enrolled in selected associate degree programs.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley County resident;
3) must be enrolled in an associate degree program related to Network Systems Management, Computer Technology, Business, Engineering Technology, Nursing, Allied Health or Veterinary Technology;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours; and
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a statement about their talents, affiliation, activities and accomplishments that demonstrate leadership potential and good character. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment. The award is renewable up to three years as long as the recipient continues to meet all eligibility criteria.