Patricia Barrack Gibson Endowed Scholarship
Established in 2006 by Patricia Gibson who served as Dean in both Student Services and Academic Affairs, the fund assists students enrolled in the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree programs who intend to enter the teaching profession.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be enrolled in the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have completed at least 12 credit hours;
6) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater;
7) must document tutoring experience at TTC or with another organized tutoring program in the community or demonstrate participation in community service.
Award Amount/Use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.