Rebecca L. Newman Memorial Developmental Studies
Established in 2004 and renamed in 2008 in memory of Rebecca Newman, a Developmental Studies instructor, the fund assists students who are enrolled in or recently completed a Developmental Studies course.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a continuing student;
2) must be currently enrolled in or successfully completed within the past year at least one Developmental Studies course;
3) must enroll in and maintain at least six hours;
4) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater; and
5) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a statement of need, describing how this scholarship will help them. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Award Amount/Use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.