Top Programmer Scholarship
Established in 2008 by Tom Pinckney III, a TTC alumnus, the fund assists students enrolled in the associate degree Computer Technology-Computer Programming career path program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a returning or continuing student;
2) must be enrolled in the associate degree Computer Technology-Computer Programming career path program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have completed at least one of the following courses, achieving a grade of 'A' in at least one of them:
- CPT 232 (C++ Programming I)
- CPT 233 (C++ Programming II); and
6) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief essay describing his or her programming career goals and motivations.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $2,000 per year ($1,000 for fall semester/$1,000 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.