Marion and Wayland H. Cato, Jr. Endowed Scholarship
Established in 2009 by the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. Foundation, the fund assists students enrolled in any associate degree program who
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a South Carolina resident;
3) must be enrolled in an associate degree program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater;
6) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form); and
7) must demonstrate community service.
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief essay describing; 1) current or past work experiences that demonstrate a strong work ethic and 2) community service experiences that demonstrate commitment to volunteerism. Instructions for submitting the essay will be provided during the application process.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,500 ($750 for fall semester/$750 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.