Eicher Family Scholarship
Established in 2009 by Shelly and Keith Eicher in honor of their adopted son, Troy J. Eicher, and in memory of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wilmer Eicher, Mrs. Ardane Peck and Mr. Roy Straub; the fund assists students enrolled in the Human Services or Criminal Justice associate degree programs of study.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a new, returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be enrolled in one of the following associate degree programs:
- Human Services – career path in Addictions/Substance Abuse or Family Intervention Studies
- Criminal Justice
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours; and
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief essay describing their educational and career goals and how the scholarship will help achieve those goals.
Award amount/use: Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester) for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.