Clay Phillips Memorial Scholarship
Establishedin 2010 by Jim and Chris Phillips in memory of their son Clay, the fund assists students enrolled in the Culinary Arts associate degree program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a returning or continuing student;
2) must be enrolled in the Culinary Arts associate degree program;
3) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours (full-time enrollment is preferred);
4) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater; and
5) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form);
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a written statement describing educational and career goals and motivations as they relate to the culinary arts as well as any circumstances or challenges overcome in pursuit of these goals. Instructions for submitting the statement will be provided during the application process.
Award amount/use:Award of up to $2,000($1,000 for fall semester/$1,000 for spring semester)for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.