Nicole F. Miller Memorial Scholarship
Establishedin 2011 by Kim Miller and Kristopher Miller in memory of Nicole F. Miller, the fund assists students enrolled in the Culinary Arts associate degree program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship, an applicant:
1) must be a returning or continuing student;
2) must be a Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester county resident;
3) must be enrolled in the Culinary Arts associate degree program;
4) must enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours;
5) must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater; and
6) must demonstrate financial need (determined from completed FAFSA form).
Essay Requirement: Applicants are required to provide a brief essay describing educational and career goals and motivations as they relate to the culinary arts as well as any circumstances or challenges overcome in pursuit of these goals.
Preference given to students with current or past food and beverage work experience.
Award amount/use:Award of up to $1,000 ($500 for fall semester/$500 for spring semester)for tuition, books, required course materials and equipment.