Refer to On Course and my.tridenttech.edu for details on how to register each term.
- To register for classes, you need first to apply for admission to the College. When you complete the admission requirements for the program of study you have selected, you will receive an acceptance letter in the mail (unless you are applying after Priority Registration). You must be accepted before you can register.
- Review the list of courses that are required for your program of study in the College's Catalog.
- Look at the On Course publication to find out what courses are being offered for the upcoming semester. On Course is available in the Registrar's and Admissions office approximately two weeks before Priority Registration begins. Be sure to read the information in On Course every time you register for an upcoming semester because procedures and fees are subject to change.
- You will find additional information in On Course about specific class sections such as lab requirements, computer-based sections, special start and end dates and other important details.
- The earlier you register, the better chance you have of getting into the classes you want at the times you need.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor. Your academic advisor is assigned through the Orientation Center. Academic advisors’ phone numbers are listed in the front of the On Course schedule, and faculty advisors’ office hours are posted on their office doors. You can email your academic advisor through my.tridentech.edu. Go to My Advisor in TTC Bookmarks.
To complete an associate degree in two years, you must register for at least 15 semester credit hours per semester. Some programs require more than 15 semester credit hours per semester.
If you register and then decide to change the times and/or days of a course, you must select a different section of the same course. Course section numbers are listed in On Course, in the Course Search, and on TTC Express.
- To register for the courses you and your academic advisor have selected, the courses must be entered into the College’s computer system during the Priority Registration or Registration period. Registration dates are listed in On Course.
- Check your printed schedule immediately after registering to confirm days, times, courses and campus locations. Correct any errors immediately while the sections you have selected are still available.
- Deadlines for paying tuition also are listed in On Course. Pay attention to payment deadlines. If you do not pay tuition and fees by payment deadlines, you are dropped from all classes for nonpayment.
- Courses may be canceled if too few students enroll. If one of your courses is canceled, you will be notified so that you can add another section or course during the Drop/Add period.
- Once you register for classes, you can obtain a student identification card from Student Activities.
- Once you pay tuition and fees, you can obtain a parking decal from the Business office.