Orientation Services > Services for Nondegree Students
Services for Nondegree Students

Image of nondegree seeking studentsNondegree students enrolled in credit courses do not intend to earn a TTC degree, diploma or certificate. Nondegree students must be at least 18 years old or have a GED or high school diploma. Evidence of minimum reading skills is required through one of the following (test scores are valid for five years from the test date):  SAT 480 Critical Reading; ACT 19 English; COMPASS 42 Reading; ASSET 31 Reading; WorkKeys Reading for Information subtest level 4 score; a grade report showing successful completion of college-level coursework or an approved transient/cross-registration form/letter from another college. For admissions purposes, unofficial documents are acceptable. Additional tests scores or transfer credit may be required at registration depending on the prerequisite requirements of courses selected.  Nondegree students are not eligible for financial aid, veterans’ benefits or lottery tuition assistance.

The Orientation Centers are the nondegree student's resource for a quick orientation and registration.

Transient students, who are usually admitted as nondegree students, should submit their Transient Form signed by an official of the college they are currently attending, to TTC's Admissions Office, or present it at the time of registration. Students with valid transient forms do not need to submit prerequisite information for course registration.

The Orientation Centers have transfer information available for students to use:  college catalogs, computer resources, and a notebook full of current transfer information to many in-state colleges and universities. More information concerning transfer issues is available from TTC's home page under "Academic Programs of Study."

TTC's website provides a link to colleges who have written transfer agreements with Trident Technical College. After selecting a college from the list, students will see links to their homepage, their transfer policies, and a list of courses that transfer from the South Carolina Technical Colleges along with the equivalent course at that college.


Trident Technical College, Copyright ©2011