UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICE OF LAW (UPL) STATEMENT: Paralegals work under the supervision of a licensed attorney and are not authorized to practice law in South Carolina (S.C. Code Ann. § 40-5-310 (1976)).
- Provide a well-rounded program of education for students who wish to seek employment as paralegals in a variety of settings.
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills, and understanding of legal ethics necessary to work under the supervision of attorneys to assist in the delivery of legal services.
- Prepare students to apply principles of legal ethics.
- Prepare students to draft legal documents.
- Prepare students to perform legal research.
- Prepare students to enter legal profession as entry-level paralegal.